About Me

My photo
Hey! My name is Hillary and I live in Texas! I am a teacher turned stay at home mom with my 3 year old daughter! I also have a 7 year old son! I love doing fun activities with my kids, helping other teachers and spending time with my sweet husband!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

"Jeesush" Loves Me!

Tonight was a heartwarming night. I felt the need to blog about...I want to remember this sweet moment forever (and my blog is sort of a journal of Rex's life as well as my life.)

Rex was upset going to bed tonite...I think he was tired and he was enjoying watching videos of himself as a baby...but when it was bedtime, he as upset. I wouldn't say it was a "fit throwing" upset...but a sad upset. I tried to read to him (which he loves every night) but he was still sad. When Rex was "sleep training" I did let him cry it out...and it worked...but that was a long time ago...and I refuse to let him go to bed sad and upset at his age now...I think a child can be calmed...and should be. So I put the book away and begin to sing his favorite song..."ABC's" I sang it a few times, and he was calm...I asked him if I could sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" he didn't respond but just looked up at me...so I sang it anyway. Then I asked "Rex, what song would you like me to sing?" And much to my surprise...he replied with "Jeesush." (Which I knew to mean...Jesus Loves Me.) I sing that to him often, but he has never asked me for it. It truly touched my heart. Rex is getting much better with his speech, but he still struggles with communicating at times. I love at this small age...he knows (and can verbalize) "Jesus"...even if it is in his own way.

We have been praying every night...he verbalizes who he is thankful for...and says "Amen." In fact, he evens asks for prayer time by saying..."Amen?" when he goes to bed.

I want so badly to be a good...no...GREAT mother to Rex. He deserves nothing less. Yet I feel I fall short from time to time. Tonight is a moment I will never forget...to some it may seem small...but for me...when my child (that God so carefully gave to me...) can say the name of someone so precious to me...it really melts my heart.

I thank God every day for Rex...today is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment